As I was dousing my hair with Verb Leave-In Mist and Briogeo Volumizing Spray it dawned upon me, I should discuss about my favorite hair care products! So here I am, sharing five hair products that I've been using for months and I love each and every one of them. When it comes to hair I don't do much, I'm mostly a wash and go type of gal. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy a good blowout but I just don't have the time nor the patient to blow dry my medium length hair everyday. So therefore I found some products that works pretty well on my frizzy hair with oily scalp and dry ends. These hair products are tried and tested, I use most of them on a daily basis. So lets begin!
- Christophe Robin Cleansing Purifying Scrub With Sea Salt $52.00 for 250 ml
- Rita Hazan Ultimate Shine Clear Gloss $26.00 for 5 oz
- Briogeo Blossom & Bloom Ginseng + Biotin Volumizing Blow Dry Spray $20.00 for 5 oz
- Verb Leave-In Mist $14.00 for 8 oz
- Living Prood Perfect Hair Day 5-in-1 Styling Treatment $27.00 for 4 oz
A moisturizing shampoo formula enriched with sea salt to cleanse and soothe sensitive or oily scalps while delivering essential hydration. The scalp reaches an ideal level of hydration within 24 hours and all irritating sensations are significantly reduced. These measured effects are felt immediately and can last for up to four days. This purifying, moisturizing, and soothing scrub is ideal as a detox treatment to cleanse and rebalance sensitive or oily scalps, but also as a post-coloring treatment to relieve stinging and itchiness and remove chemical residues left on the scalp. This paste is enriched with a 100 percent plant-derived agent, which offers deep and long-lasting hydration even after rinsing. The scalp is soothed, rebalanced, and healthy while the hair is left shiny and completely clean.
Christophe Robin started his career at the age of 15, by the time he was 24 he had his own salon in a small courtyard off rue du Mont Thabor. He worked with many supermodels, actresses, by 1999 he launched his own hair care line for colored and sensitive hair. He now own a beautiful luxurious salon, along with a lovely growing hair care line. Last year, I went on a hunt for a good clarifying shampoo that's when I came across this Purifying Scrub. This great gold medal winning Cleansing Purifying Scrub is housed in a plastic tub with twist cap. It contains sea salt which is a natural exfoliant, another key ingredient is sweet-almond oil which helps sealing moisture, sooth your scalp, it also help adding shine to dull dry hair. The texture is thick and chunky cause of the sea salt so it take some time getting used to. This gets rid of all the build ups, balanced out my greasy roots and left my hair squeaky clean. This scrub smells divine and you only need a teaspoon of this, add a little bit of water and it creates a nice rich lather. I highly recommend using a good conditioner after using this shampoo, as it can be a bit drying for the ends of your hair. I use this shampoo no more than 3 to 4 times a month, using this regularly might make your hair rough. Its silicon, colorants, Parabens and phthalates free however it does contain sulfate. This shampoo is also great for color treated hair, it help preserve color and it will leave your hair clean, soft, bouncy and shiny!
Rita Hazan is a well known colorist/artist, she worked with many celebrities like Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez to name a few. The master hair colorist owns a eponymous hair salon on 5th Ave, she also developed a great hair care line. The Ultimate Shine Gloss comes in five different options:
- Clear- Its a universal shine enhancing gloss, it revives color & it enhances shine for all hair shades.
- Blond- Illuminates and brightens all blond hues, it revives color & enhances shine for golden blond & highlights.
- Breaking Brass- It breaks down brassy tones and orange hues in blonds and brunettes while eliminating yellow from grays. It revives color & enhances shine, prevents brassiness.
- Brown- It adds subtle richness and depth to all brown hair tones, it revives color & enhances shine for all brown tones.
- Red- It boosts auburns and it revives color & enhances shine for all red tones.
I wanted something for my dull hair, something that will give my hair the shiny glossy look I've always desired. I was sold after using this for the first time, it left my hair silky smooth like a conditioner would and after a good blow out my hair was left super shiny! The consistency of this gloss is foamy and it does have a strong scent, which I'm not a big fan of but it dissipates quickly. After washing your hair you apply this to your hair and leave it on for 3-5 min, then you wash it off and follow with conditioner. I use this 1-2 a week, it doesn't weigh my hair down and it gives my hair a beautiful shine that lasts for up to three days. This product is parabens, sulfates, ammonia and peroxide free.
I use these three products after I wash my hair, sometimes I rotate between the Verb Leave-In Mist and the Living Proof 5-in-1 styling treatment. If you have hair like mine that gets tangled easily and very hard to manage then you will find these three products very helpful.
- Verb Leave-In Mist- This incredible affordable product came in a value set $36.00 (Here). It came with Hydrating Shampoo .065 oz, Hydrating Conditioner .065 oz, Dry Shampoo 2 oz, Leave-In Mist 8 oz and Sea Spray 6.3 oz. So far the Leave-In Mist came out as a winner out of all the products. Verb Leave-In Mist is housed in a plastic bottle with a spray nozzle applicator, the texture feels just like any other conditioner and it smells amazing! This is a essential step between washing and styling and its gentle enough for kids hair as well. Its free of sulfates, parabens, phthalates, its cruelty free and gluten free. This helps detangles, moisturizing, tames frizzy hair, repairs split ends, adds shine and protects hair from heat. I use this on my towel dried hair I focus on the ends of my hair and work my way up to the midshaft. I don't have any split ends so I can't vouch for that however it does everything, as it says on the bottle. This is honestly a great product and you can't beat the price.
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day 5-in-1 Styling Treatment- I discovered this product last year while I was vacationing in Hawaii. My hair needed some TLC after all the pool and beach time, I ran to the nearest Sephora and I was directed toward this along with a mask that didn't make it to this list. Sometimes I skip conditioner and use this as a leave-in conditioner, it smells pleasant, it softens my hair, adds volume, smooth out my frizzy hair and overall makes my hair look and feel good. The days I decide to air dry my hair I go for this one cause it basically does everything it says just like the Verb Leave-In Mist.This Styling Treatment is formulated without sulfates, parabens and phthalates, it provides heat protection, UV protection and static control. The only thing I dislike about this product is the packaging, the product builds up and it gets jammed, hope they repackage this 5-in-1 Perfect Hair Styling Treatment. This is one product that I will always repurchase its definitely one of my Must-Have.
- Briogeo Blossom & Bloom Ginseng+Biotin Volumizer Spray- If you stayed with me this far, then you know my goal for my hair is: clean scalp, shiny hair and bouncy voluminous hair. I received a deluxe sample of this Volumizing spray from Sephora last year and I've been hooked ever since! This Volumizer Spray comes in a plastic bottle with spray nozzle applicator, It smells so good that sometimes I get carried away and spray a lot more than I need to. Its formulated without parabens, sulfates, phthalates, its vegan-friendly, gluten free, it's also dye and silicone free. Briogeo Blossom & Bloom Ginseng+Biotin Volumizer Spray contains Maltodextrin (sugar volumizer), Biotin which helps strengthens hair follicle and the hair shaft, Lemon and Witch Hazel Extract that acts as clarifying agent and it absorbs excess oil which allows to extend time between washes. It also contains Ginseng and Ginger Root and it helps with natural blood flow to the scalp which promotes hair growth. I spray this on my damp hair and I noticed, this adds volume to my hair and my hair looks thicker even when I let my hair air dry. Another thing I love about this products is, there is no residue or build up and one bottle will last you for months.
I hope you enjoyed this Hair-Talk, some of the products have been repackaged since then but the formula still remains the same. I'm currently on the hunt for good hair masks If you have any suggestions, please leave a comment below I would love to try them out.