Fashion | Beauty | Lifestyle

4.18.2016

Tom Ford ULTRA-RICH LIP COLOR Review & Swatches

image
TOM FORD UTRA-RICH LIP COLOR
Price $52.00 each for 0.1 oz.
Where To Purchase: Tom Ford, Saks Fifth Avenue, Sephora, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus

Tom Ford Description
FULL-COVERAGE, HIGH-SHINE LIP COLOR THAT MOISTURIZES LIPS. LIPS APPEAR SMOOTHER, SOFTER AND SUPPLER, WHILE REDUCING LIP FLAKING. LUMINOUS AND VIVID LIP COLOR LASTS UP TO 6 HOURS.
image
TOM FORD UTRA-RICH LIP COLOR

Let's talk about the new Ultra-Rich Lip Colors from the Tom Ford 2016 Soleil Collection. These Lip Colors are packaged in beautiful white and gold lipstick tubes. There are total of Six shades; Solar Affair, Les Mepris, Purple Noon, Revolve Around Me, Temptation Waits & Aphrodite. I picked up three out of the six lipsticks, I kind of surprised myself when I purchased Purple Noon cause I'm not into dark shades. This new formula is very smooth and creamy, for a opaque finish you'd have to apply a second layer. These lipsticks glides on the lips easily and there is a light vanilla scent but its not too overpowering. I didn't find them hydrating nor drying but they were pretty comfortable on the lips. The pigmentation is medium to full coverage, you can layer it or you can wear it as a sheer wash of color with just one gentle sweep application. I find the Ultra-Rich lip colors very similar to the Sheer Lip Colors from last years collection. I got 4-5 hours of wear before it started fading, also The Ultra-Rich lip colors dries down to a satin finish after a hour or so. I'm officially a big fan of glossy lipsticks, if you are looking for a high shine lipsticks for this summer these might be the perfect thing for you!

image
TOM FORD UTRA-RICH LIP COLOR

image
TOM FORD UTRA-RICH LIP COLOR


Temptation Waits- Its a brown shade with gold shimmers. This dark nude fits right into the trend that we have going on right now.  

Revolve Around Me- Its a lovely peachy nude shade with some gold shimmers, Its a nice nude that everyone can wear. I would suggest using a lip liner with this lipstick if you have medium tan skin like me so it doesn't look so pale.

Purple NoonIts a beautiful berry shade with multi shimmers. It looks very dark in the tube but it comes off lighter when applied on the lips. It did leave a light magenta stain behind.


image
TOM FORD UTRA-RICH LIP COLOR
 Under the sunlight you can see the beautiful shimmer!

image
TOM FORD UTRA-RICH LIP COLOR

image

When I saw Revolve Around Me I immediately thought of Sable Smoke. After I swatched them side by side I realized Revolve Around me is less peachy and more beige than Sable Smoke.

image

image

I don't really wear berry shade much hence the only one comparison swatch. Purple Noon didn't work for me it made my complexion darker and dull. I can try to use it as a light stain but that defeats the purpose of a high shine lipstick so this was a let down for me.


Overall
 I like the consistency of these lipsticks if you liked the Sheer Lip Colors you'll like these too. All though Purple Noon didn't work for me it is a pretty shade its just not for me. Temptation Waits is also a good choice if you're into dark nudes. If I have to pick one out of the three I purchased I would go with Revolve Around Me.




SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Ooh I love how you put similar lip shades next to them! Such a great post with vivid pictures! These are some of my favorites, def agree with your review. I really enjoy them a lot! I didn't think I would haha. Purple Noon I got on a whim and I think it might be my favorite of the bunch, which is saying something!

    xoxo
    www.hellohimawari.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you mika! Im glad you like Purple Noon :) yea I wanted to see if I could find some dupe I really thought Sable Smoke would be a dupe for Revolve Around Me. I was wrong lol I hope tom ford gets the formula right for sable smoke so it doesn't go bad so fast I really like that lipstick 😞

      Delete
  2. Temptation Waits looks beautiful! I've actually never tried a Tom Ford lipstick! xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Temptation waits is a perfect nude! You should check out the lips and boys lipsticks they have tons of shades to choose from and you can test it out see if you like them before you get a full size TF lipstick :)

      Delete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig