Skincare played a big part in the year of 2016 I became more aware of the ingredients in products and what's beneficial for my skin and what's not. After lots of trial and fail, I've discovered some great products along the way. I sorted them in each category which was tough to narrow it down. So without further ado here is my round up of 2016 best skincare products!
- Derma e Purifying Cleanser $15- This is a gentle cleanser for normal to oily skin type. This is one of my favorite cleansers to use in the morning it leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean. I love this cleanser love the minimal ingredients, and It's also very budget friendly. I featured this cleanser in my Top 5 Cleanser post here.
- Nuxe-Reve de Miel Face Cleansing & Makeup Removing Gel $19-This is meant for dry and sensitive skin. The honey infused formula makes this cleanser very creamy in texture and also very hydrating while removing makeup, impurities and cleansing the skin. I have oily to combination skin, but during winter I do get dry patches, so I love loading up on hydrating products. One con about this cleanser is the smell it's a bit strong if you're not sensitive to strongly scented products then I highly recommend this cleanser. This cleanser contains 93% of natural ingredients, and it's also on the budget friendly side.
- Mila Moursi Cleansing Foam $70- This cleanser is very gentle, and it creates a creamy foam, and I love the smell of this cleanser. I use this mostly in the morning but its great to remove makeup as well. This is my second tube and if you can fork out $$ for this cleanser just do it! This cleanser was also featured in the Top 5 Cleanser post here.
- Pixi Glow Tonic $15- I can't rave enough about this toner It's my favorite toner! What I most love about this toner is its Alcohol-free products that contain alcohol doesn't suit my skin at all. Glow Tonic helped clear my skin, and I did a detailed review of this toner here.
- Kiehl's Calendula Herbal-Extract Toner $21- As you can see this one is Alcohol-free as well and it's suitable for normal to oily skin. I have sensitive skin that's parched in the winter, so this gentle toner is perfect during in the winter time. This toner leaves my skin feeling smooth and clean it also keeps oil at bay.
- Kaplan MD Clarifying Toner $35- This toner helps soothe skin, tighten pores, and refine skin texture. It's a great toner, and you can also use this to set your makeup I did a detailed review on this toner here.
- Skin Inc Hyaluronic Acid & Licorice Serum $45 each- I discovered this brand earlier this year, and I've gone through a few of these bottles. Hyaluronic Acid helps hydrate and even out the texture of your skin. Licorice serum is very soothing, and it helps reduce redness this serum helped my skin so much during summer. I love these serums as you can see my bottle is entirely empty I need to replenish soon! I highly recommend the Skin Inc serums.
- Goldfaden MD Brightening Elixir $80- This stuff works, and I love the clean ingredients so good for my skin. It absorbs very quickly, and it contains Vitamin C, Ferulic Acid, Niacinamide all of which helps improves skin tone and clarity. I've tried other products from Goldfaden MD, and I love each and every product. This serum is perfect for all skin type.
- Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair $95- This one is a very popular one I'm sure a lot of you have already heard about the Estee Lauder ANR. I started using this from the very beginning of last year, and I noticed immediate results my skin have never looked better. I always keep a 50 ml bottle as a back up in my stash you get where I'm going with this. This is my holy grail serum! I strongly urge you to get a bottle of Estee Lauder ANR, and you can thank me later. ;p
- Derma e Purifying Youth Serum $29.50- This serum is very moisturizing if you have oily skin you can get away with skipping moisturizer. I love using this in the morning it moisturizes my skin and gives my skin a healthy glow. I love the purifying line from Derma e, and the ingredients are immaculate I love that about all the Derma e products.
- Drunk Elephant T.L.C.Framboos Glycolic Night Serum $90- This is a 12 percent AHA/BHA serum for night. I've been using this for a few months now, and I noticed a huge difference I don't break out as much as I used to and it helped improve my skin texture. This serum is effective, and it's worth every penny.
- Trilogy Rosapene Night Cream $51- This has been my skin savior this winter, this is a little heavy, so this will be ideal for dry skin, but since my skin is less oily during winter I've been reaching out for this cream a lot. My skin feels so hydrated, soft and smooth when I use this cream it's my go to night cream during winter.
- Dr. Roebuck's Anti-Aging Face Moisturizer $45- I discovered this product at the very end of 2016, but it quickly became a staple in my skincare routine. Dr. Roebuck's products are made in Australia with very minimal ingredients for maximum results. I use this both day and night it's very soothing my skin can get irritated quickly, and this cream helps calm my skin. This stuff is potent it makes my skin super soft and smooth, and it gets a huge thumbs up from me.
- First Aid Ultra Repair Hydra-Firm Sleeping Cream $38- This is an overnight cream that leaves your skin smooth and hydrated. This cream a must during winter it deeply nourishes my skin, I did a review of this cream here.
- Derma e Firming DMAE Eye Lift $24.95- I tested so many eye creams this year I finally found the ones that work the best or me. This eye cream really lifts and firms the eye area, and you can see the result within a few weeks. I use this product morning and night its very lightweight and a little goes a long way.
- Kiehl's Creamy Eye-Treatment with Avocado Oil $29- This cream is very thick in texture, and it really moisturizes the under eye area. I think this is a perfect cream for someone in their early 20s who is just starting out with eye creams. This cream also pairs well with other eye serums.
- Trilogy Rosehip Oil $29- This oil helps fade acne scar, and this is exactly what you need during the harsh cold weather. This oil will leave your skin feeling soft, smooth and glowy! I use one little drop of this, and it's enough for my whole face it's thick in texture, so a little goes a long way.
- Kiehl's Daily Reviving Concentrate $46- I think by now I pretty much got all my friends and family hooked on this product. For me, I noticed immediate results my skin looked so glowy and healthy I couldn't stop staring at it. I'm obsessed with this stuff, and I honestly can't recommend it enough. I use this during my night time routine, and I wake up with radiant looking skin.
- Jurlique Skin Balancing Face Oil $50- This is my go-to oil when my skin is very irritated it soothes my skin. I love that the oil just sinks in and it doesn't cause any breakouts. This oil helps balance all skin types, leaving skin smooth, soft and glowing.
- Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Intensive Recovery Ampoules $110- If you're looking for a product that will help you get rid of the dull, dry skin, and give you a radiant looking skin overnight, look no further. I absolutely love this product this feels like oil, and one capsule holds more than enough product I mix this with my hand cream as well. ( tips from Michelle) I use this only during my nighttime routine, and it pairs well with the Estee Lauder ANR serum.
Masks & Exfoliant
- Peter Thomas Roth 24K Gold Mask $80- I purchased a mask set from PTR last summer, and this was my favorite mask out of the whole set. This mask gives me a luminous glow and my skin looks so incredible after I use this mask. Love this mask its very gentle, firming, and it's totally worth the splurge.
- Kiehl's Turmeric & Cranberry Seed Mask $32- I just emptied the second jar of this mask so you can tell how much I love this mask. This mask does exactly what it claims it brightens my skin leaving it refreshed and glowing. I reviewed this mask here.
- Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant $41- I picked this up after I watched a video of my favorite Mua and YouTuber Lisa Eldrige, she recommended this gentle exfoliant, and I had to try it! This is a two-in-one masque and chemical exfoliation treatment that increases hydration and smoothness through alpha and beta hydroxy acids, which speed cell renewal. I love how my skin feels after using this product you can see the difference in your complexion this is gentle yet very effective.
- Drunk Elephant B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Gel $52- I'm all about hydration the more, the merrier. This little gem came in a set I bought, and I'm totally hooked! I use this 2-3 a week I apply this after my serum, and it helped with the dry patches.
- Skin Inc Pure Deepsea Hydrating Mask $75- This is very similar to the Drunk Elephant hydration gel, this is an overnight mask that nourishes the skin and refines skin texture. This mask is very lightweight, and it absorbs quickly sometimes I use this as an eye cream too!
- Nugg Beauty Masks $5- I was sent a few of these masks last year, and I love bringing these masks with me while I travel. The best thing about these mask pods there is a mask for everyone they have many different masks you can choose from. My favorite is the Cucumber Extract & Jojoba Oil mask it's really refreshing.
Hope you made it this far and let me know if you'd like a detailed review of any products I mentioned here.
Thanks for stopping by!
Find me on: